Luxury Vic Falls, Chobe & Delta Safari
7 Nights / 8 Days • Private Departure
- Our Chobe National Park safari will be a highlight for most people; you’re likely to experience one of many natural phenomena, such as witnessing one of the largest elephant herds in the world, or possibly the annual zebra migration – depending on the time of year you travel
- Moremi Game Reserve is home to an enormous diversity of wildlife, but also – and most notably – a vast range of habitats, including acacia forests, floodplains, reed beds, lagoons, enduring wetland through mopane forest, and dry savanna woodland
- Visit Victoria Falls, called “the greatest known curtain of falling water” and it is a truly spectacular site to see. Accessible from both Zambia and Zimbabwe, Victoria Falls can be viewed from vast distances from both sides
- The Khwai River Area of the Moremi Game reserve is gaining a reputation for being one of the best game viewing areas in Botswana
- Explore the Okavango Delta, home to Elephant, Antelope and Buffalo, as well as Hippopotamus, Giraffe, Crocodile, Lion, Cheetah, Leopard, Wildebeest, Rhinoceros, Zebra, Baboon and countless others
- 7 nights luxury accommodation (2 nights Victoria Falls Safari Lodge, 2 nights Chobe Marina Lodge, 3 nights Khwai Tented camp)
- All meals
- Light-aircraft flight from Kasane to Khwai Airstrip
- Top-notch 4×4 safari vehicles
- Park fees, river usage fees and entrance fees as mentioned in itinerary
Price is per person, based on double occupancy (for a private tour based on 2 people). Departs most days of the year.
DAY 1 - Arrival Day
Today you’ll head to Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe. Enjoy the marvellous views from your plane and embark on a unique journey in Southern Africa’s Adventure Capital. Upon arrival at Victoria Falls, you will be transferred to your accommodation. In the afternoon, you can relax on a sunset cruise on the mighty Zambezi River
DAY 2 - Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
After breakfast you will be taken on a guided tour of the Victoria Falls, one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World. There will still be time for optional activities should you wish to book additional excursions.
DAY 3 - Victoria Falls, Zimbabawe to Kasane, Botswana
On arrival at Kasane Airport you will be met and transferred to your lodge. After you have settled in you will have the option of your first game activity which will be either a boat cruise or a game drive in the Chobe National Park.
DAY 4 - Chobe National Park, Botswana
Today is spent with a game drive and a boat cruise in the Chobe National Park. The Chobe National Park has one of the greatest concentrations of game found on the African continent. Its uniqueness in the abundance of wildlife and the true African nature of the region, offers a safari experience of a lifetime.
DAY 5 - Khwai River, Botswana
This morning you have one last chance to search for the Big 5 on a game drive before a scrumptious breakfast. You will be taken to Kasane Airport. We make our way to our camp, which is situated in a private concession in the Khwai River area. The best time for game viewing is the end of the dry season or spring from August to November. During this season, in order for us to offer the best game viewing possible, extra driving may be required due to the animals migrating closer to the river. In the summer, birdlife can also be viewed in abundance with exceptional sightings of wildfowl and raptors.
DAY 6 - Moremi Game Reserve, Botswana
Today we head into the famous Moremi Game Reserve for a full day safari – Moremi is known as one of the most beautiful and varied reserves in Africa with an unprecedented concentration of wildlife.
DAY 7 - Okavango Delta & Khwai River, Botswana
Today is spent exploring the network of water pathways floating through thick vegetation in mokoros (traditional dugout canoes), discovering a variety of birds and wildlife. We stop at a secluded island to take a 1½ hour guided walk hoping to spot elephants, waterbuck or other animals living in this water filled paradise.
DAY 8 - Maun, Botswana
Our safari ends after breakfast. You will be transferred to Maun Airport in time for your departure flight.
- Ask about optional inclusions such as balloon rides or pre- or post-stay options
- Is this itinerary too long? We can easily change the start or end points, or offer different routes based on your starting airport
- This tour is for a minimum of two people, but we can easily arrange for a larger group
Price is per person based on two people sharing a standard room. Other room types: please inquire. Proof of insurance is mandatory; if you need to purchase trip cancellation or health insurance please inquire. For full Booking Conditions, please see thetravelsociety.com/booking-conditions/ Tour is operated by The Travel Society, Inc., 174 Spadina Ave., Suite 404, Toronto, ON, M5T 2C2, Canada; 1 (877) 926 2500; TICO Registration #1280649