Roquefort to Ricotta: a Road-Trip Through Europe
15 Days / 14 Nights • Self-Drive Adventure
CAD$4,900 per person (based on double)
September 10 - 24, 2018
- 14 Nights four star accommodations
- Daily Breakfast
- All tours and entrance fees mentioned in itinerary
- Learn some of the secrets of French cuisine on a chef-led cooking class, including a three course lunch
- Sunset boat cruise in the Italian Riviera – providing excellent views of the towns making up the Cinque Terre
- Enjoy a private winery visit just outside Lucca
- Be part of a truffle hunt! This entertaining excursion includes an outing with a local family and their truffle-hunting dog, a truffle-tasting (with wine) and a full lunch prepared by the family’s Nonna – who also demonstrates how to make many of the dishes
Price is per person based on two people sharing a standard room. Other room types: please inquire. Proof of insurance is mandatory; if you need to purchase trip cancellation or health insurance please inquire. For full Booking Conditions, please see thetravelsociety.com/booking-conditions/ Tour is operated by The Travel Society, Inc., 174 Spadina Ave., Suite 404, Toronto, ON, M5T 2C2, Canada; 1 (877) 926 2500; TICO Registration #1280649
Photography Guide + Ambassador for Fujifilm Nordic
An experienced professional photographer and avid outdoorsman, Tommy Simonsen started his career in 1990, when he first took cameras out in the field. Since 1998 he has focused on travel and documentary / landscape photography.
Tommy’s long and extraordinary career has included working over a decade as a professional photographer for Norway’s largest publishing company (giving him local knowledge of Norway’s exciting northern regions, but also Greenland, Iceland and Antarctica
… read more
Polarfront is a sophisticated polar vessel offering many big ship comforts in a small package:
- Tastefully appointed twin cabins (both lower berths)
- Lounge and polar library
- Gym, sauna, and outdoor jacuzzi
- The services of a French chef
- Not to mention, the bridge is always open
Polarfront’s spacious forward & rear decks are low to the water – ideal for getting closer to wildlife on the ice She also has a bird’s nest on the front mast for getting those high up panorama shots
Designed with guest comfort in mind, Polarfront has many thoughtful extras, such as plentiful electrical outlets in the suites and common areas for charging batteries and laptops, and a warm, dry mudroom for your wet outer gear.
Svalbard Photography Expedition
September 4 - 14, 2018
|Polarfront Suite||$11,150 USD|
|Deluxe Suite||$11,950 USD|
|Owner’s Prestige Suite||$12,550 USD|
In Autumn 2017, the Polarfront is being retrofit.
This purpose-driven process will ensure she is the most comfortable small ship option in Svalbard, with all lower berths and all en-suite cabins.
By design, Polarfront’s retrofit will further modernize the ship for the digital age – and provide thoughtful touches for custom groups such as photographers and wildlife enthusiasts.
Price is per person based on two people sharing a Polarfront Suite. Other cabin types: please inquire. Proof of insurance is mandatory; if you need to purchase trip cancellation or health insurance please inquire. For full Booking Conditions, please see thetravelsociety.com/booking-conditions/ Tour is operated by The Travel Society, Inc., 174 Spadina Ave., Suite 404, Toronto, ON, M5T 2C2, Canada; 1 (877) 926 2500; TICO Registration #1280649